a) Animaphix is a project organized by Qb Cultural Association with the purpose of supporting the animated cinema, art and culture, promoting young talents and high quality films, strongly oriented towards the authorial and experimental world.
b) The competition announcement of the eighth edition of Animaphix International Animated Film Festival, opens on December 31st, 2022.
2. AWARDS & PRIZES
▪ Grand Prix for the best short animated film
▪ Renato Guttuso Award for the best Animated Painting
▪ Best Animated Documentary Award
▪ Best Experimental Short Film, Abstract and Non-Narrative Award
▪ Giannalberto Bendazzi Award for the best Italian Animated Short Film
A special prize awarded by the artistic direction.
a) All films should be entered online through the official entry form which can be filled online on FilmFreeway not later than March 15th 2023.
b) The submission is free.
c) Works admitted to the competition can be of any kind, in any language, realised on any support and with any technique.
d) There are no restrictions on themes.
e) Only works created from the 1st of January 2021 are admitted.
f) Maximum duration of the film is 20 minutes (credits included).
g) Works are selected by and at the incontestable discretion of The Direction Committee of the festival, which reserves its right to exceptionally admit works which exceed the above-written duration and year of production.
h) The list of the selected films will be published on the site www.animaphix.com before the beginning of the festival. All competitors will receive communication of the official selection via email around 15th of June 2023.
i) The authors, producers and whoever holds the royalties of the selected works authorize the festival to screen them during Animaphix International Animated Film Festival, as well as the distribution (tv, on-line) of fragments of the selected works for promotional purposes of the exhibition (up to 50 seconds) and on the occasion of Best of Animaphix shows after the Festival.
l) The authors and the productions of the selected films, who will be promptly contacted, commit to send:
▪ The film file (original version) with obligatory English subtitles if the original film language is different from English.
▪ Trailers or extracts from the film.
▪ Posters and press kits, when available.
▪ Italian, English or French scripts.
▪ An English film synopsis (from a minimum of 50 to a maximum of 150 words).
▪ Biography of the director (up to 100 words).
▪ 6 images from the film (at least 300 dpi).
▪ A director’s picture (at least 300 dpi).
m) The material must be delivered in DCP and a copy in one of the following digital formats: 1080p, MP4 or MOV H.264 digital formats.
n) Files must be sent via file sharing websites (eg dropbox, wetransfer, 4shared, etc.).
o) If the size of the works exceeds the size limit for online submission, the films can be sent to the following address:
Associazione QB – Via Boccaccio, 4 – 90011 Bagheria (Pa) Italy.
p) The film will not be returned and will become part of the festival archives.
The Direction of
Animaphix International Animated Film Festival